In the event that anyone needs a referral for an adult with an eating disorder, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital's Westchester Division has a fairly new partial hospitalization program!
In the eating disorders PHP, we:
- Accept all forms of insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Run Monday-Friday 8:30am -3:15pm
- Provide supported breakfast, snack, and lunch every day
- Teach family members how to support meals and snacks at home
- Encourage family members to attend meals in the program with the patients as much as possible
- Have two skills groups every day
- Have a nutrition group with a dietitian specializing in eating disorders every day- Incorporate family members into as much of the daily programming as possible
- Have a once per week multi-family group
- Conduct 1-2 individual therapy sessions per week
- Have 1-2 meetings with psychiatrists per week
- Monitor physical health throughout the program
If anyone is interested in learning more about the program, please email or call me at 914-997-5865!
Tara Deliberto, Ph.D.
Eating Disorders Partial Hospitalization Program,
New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Assistant Professor of Psychology,
Weill Cornell Medical College